Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silly Elephant in Alaska

Silly Elephant:

So here's what happened the other day. The Boss and the Treat Lady were moving around the house packing up their bags. They always do this when one or both of them disappears for a while. This time it looked like both of them were going. The dogs were acting really strange. Rooney was following them around every where they went. Cassidy actually went and laid down in the Treat Lady's bag. The Treat Lady worked around her for a bit but then had to make Cassidy move aside. When Cassidy got up, she dropped me out of her mouth and I was packed in with the rest of the stuff in the Treat Lady's suitcase. That is how I ended up in Alaska.

It was the longest plane ride ever! It was my first but it was still my longest (6 ½ hours). It is really pretty nice here in Alaska with it being warm (75 degrees) and sunny (22 hours of light). The only bad thing is the bugs. They have a really bad name they call the mosquitoes here. Sometimes we have to wear nets over our heads because even the bug spray doesn't keep them off.

The hiking was really nice. I didn't have to walk anywhere. I snuck into the Boss' pack and he carried me around. The trails are not very well marked if at all sometimes. As you can see here it looks like a jungle some of the time.

We stayed in sight of rivers and creeks (I learned that from Bear Grylls) and sang loud when we came across bear scat (that's poop).

Here I am enjoying the view.

Here I am about to jump in a mountain ridge lake.

Luckily we didn't see any of the bears on the first day.

Here though is some of what we saw on the second day. The Treat Lady screeched but the Boss just kept taking pictures.

I stayed in the Boss' pack that day. I hear they eat elephants for lunch!


2 comments:

  1. Excellent photos! Especially the one with the elephant! Looks like a great trip! Make sure the treat lady let's us know when she is back so we can take her to lunch or dinner for her big birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look out for bells in the bear shit

    ReplyDelete