Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Surgery Day Deux


Well we got a call from the Vet about 30 minutes ago and Rooney's surgery went fine. He is again resting on his cot with his heater and doing well. His second knee had a little less acute damage and a bit more long term damage than his left. The meniscus was torn again and there was a bit of scar tissue and arthritis. Pretty impressive for guy who is only about three years old. His knee tightened up nicely with the "tightrope" procedure according to Dr. Jeff. We'll see how he feels when he comes home tomorrow.

The one this surgery seems to be taking the biggest toll on right now is his sister Cassidy. Here she is waiting on the steps for him to come home.

I was able to work at home today and she had been on this step (she can see the back door and side door from here) for more than 4 hours before I made her come into my office. After a while in my office she disappeared again. I tracked her down and this is where I found her.

I'm sure when the Treat Lady gets home Cassidy will be all fine again. She'll get to go for a long walk in the woods and get some banana. Lucky dog.

1 comment:

  1. Rooney looks so sad when he can't eat.. poor guy. And my heart goes out to his sister, who despite the things she says about Rooney when she gets ahold of the computer, really does miss the guy :-)

    Get well soon Rooney!! ... Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete