Monday, April 20, 2009

13 Days is bad luck!

13 days since my last surgery. Is that bad luck? You decide, I know I have my opinion!

I only have time for a short note tonight but let me start by showing you Cassidy up to her old tricks!

Here she is playing with Mia again in the park. Mia is now 5 months old and Cassidy acts like a mom to her. Mia just plays it up by licking her face and jumping all around Cassidy like she's all that. Lucky dog!

Now here is a picture of me playing with Mia. Just as you can see, I never did get out to play with her. So much for being fair.





I had to go to the vet today for my latest checkup. I really don't mind it anymore. They are very nice to me and I always get some good treats there. I am also still the biggest loser. I only weigh 68 pounds now. That is 10 pounds less than my fighting weight. The best thing about being so skinny is that the Treat Lady feels sorry for me every time I get weighed which gets me more treats that day. I think it is also because I look so skinny without any fur on my hips. I keep telling Cassidy that if she would shave her thighs she would get more treats too. She growls at me when I say that.

There is one thing I don't like at the vet. This is when the nice, smiley girl pulls out the thermometer. I know exactly what it is for and I go hide behind the Boss when I see it. It is not the kind of thermometer that they let me hold under my tongue.

The vet said I was doing great. My knee is healing well even though I have a bit of swelling. The bad thing is that both the vet and my rehab doctor say I am too active. If I don't stop walking around so much I might end up more bowlegged than I already am. They told the Boss to keep me locked up and on a leash forever! At least that's what I heard.

So here I am back at home trapped in the family room. At least they make Cassidy stay with me. We usually take turns pretending we're in jail. The doors are open on the crate and we just walk in, lie down and look as sad as possible. It was my turn tonight.
Tomorrow I get to go to my first therapy session Part Deux. I hope I can bring my camera.

Well I'm off to get a late night treat and then take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Cassidy has the greatest smile in the picture where she is playing mom to Mia. Rooney has the biggest frown in the picture of him playing with Mia. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete