Saturday, March 7, 2009

Training for the Sports Show - 4 weeks PS

So the State sport show is taking place right now at the county fair grounds. They have all kinds of good contests going on. Dogs are competing on obedience, distance jumping, speed retrieving and other fun things. I would win all of these except the obedience competition but who wants to win that anyways! My best event would be the speed eating contest. Kind of like the hotdog or watermelon eating contests at the State Fair. I have been in training for this since I was a puppy. The Boss tries to slow me down by putting my food on a cookie sheet, but I still am awesome. It's like training at high altitude I think.

Check out my cookie sheet speed.



Now here I am at regular speed with my food dish. This is not sped up at all. I really am this fast!



The toughest part about this type of competition is waiting for the go signal. It is like a fire hose is in my mouth and I try like heck to keep it all in my mouth, but the drool just slips out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In between training we had a visitor recently. The Boss had a friend over with his Yellow Lab puppy named Mia. Cassidy went outside to play with Mia right away. She's such a lucky dog.

Here I am playing with Mia


Here is Cassidy playing with Mia


Okay, I did actually get outside with the little puppy squirt. I think the Boss didn't let me out right away because we both scare youngsters (the Boss and me). I had to stay on the leash, but I did get to push Mia around a little with my nose.

Even though I didn't get to run at all my legs are really sore from playing with that puppy. Yes, both my legs. Turns out that pulling on my leash is hard on my other leg too. I know I'm going to have to get that knee cut too, just don't know when yet.

I still get to walk around the kitchen where they keep all the food. The Treat Lady still falls for the stare at the treat box trick. As long as that keeps working all is good.

I better go try it again and then take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Rooney "playing" with Mia, poor Rooney. Mia is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete