Thursday, March 26, 2009

6 Weeks PS - I can spin again!

I know the title doesn't make sense unless you have seen me get excited. One of the things I do (or used to do) was spin around in a circle before every meal. It's my way of saying "hurry up, I'm starving!". Remember, I can't talk so I have to somehow tell the Boss that he is slow. Well I have not been able to do this for a while and he seems to have been getting slower and slower walking to the big room with my food. I started to tell him to hurry up a couple days ago, but today I can do it really good. I even did it when we went outside just to show off. Then I grabbed a stick and tried to play keep-away with Cassidy. The Boss yelled at me so I hid behind the deck.

But I can spin again!

It really does feel like spring. The other day Cassidy and I got to lay out on the deck for a while catching some rays. It sure feels good!

Yesterday there was a tragedy though. I have been told by the guys at the dog park that it could happen one day. Yesterday it did. While I have been doing my job fixing the ears on New Pooh and playing with Old Pooh and Big Pooh, the Boss has been getting behind on his work. I learned from the Girl about playing 'monster' and just like her I get a little carried away some times.

Yesterday I was playing monster with New Pooh and all of a sudden there was white stuff on the floor. The Boss came and took New Pooh away to the emergency room. (It is on the counter in the kitchen where they keep the food.) Worst of all, Big Pooh and Old Pooh were already in the emergency room. Now what do I do?

The Boss must have felt sorry for me because he got out the needle and thread and went back to work. I sat there, at his feet, staring at him for 45 minutes while he sewed up my Poohs one by one. Each time he finished one I would take Pooh by his arm from the Boss and put him down next to me. Then I would go back to staring at the Boss while he worked on the next one. Cassidy knew I felt bad so she came over to sit with me while we waited for Old Pooh to be finished. It is really hard to have to wait for your Poohs to be fixed.

There are good things too. I get to walk around the circle almost every day now. Every once in a while I even get to go in the woods. Cassidy still gets to go on longer walks than me. Lucky dog!

I have to say though that there is nothing better than a good belly rub after a walk.
I also get to stand out front and guard the house more. Got to see if the neighbor kids will come bring me treats. I always check their pockets when they pet me.
Time to go see if the Treat Lady brought me back something good with the loud bags from the grocery store and then take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with rooney... it's really hard to have to wait for all your Poohs to be fixed!

    ReplyDelete