Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2nd Week locked up



I cannot believe that they took me to the vet again. I was good all day on Monday. I didn't unstuff any Poohs. I begged for food like I'm supposed to and I only sat on Cassidy 3 or maybe 6 times. They still took me to the vet. I heard the Boss and Treat Lady talking about my wobbly knee. Even Cassidy was teasing me about it. Maybe that was why I had to go.

I remembered the place as we were driving up. The big parking lot and fancy building were scary. There were a lot of really good smells outside. The Boss wouldn't let me stay out though. He dragged me in and made me stand on the scale. I gained a little weight they said. I tried to tell them that I had just had a drink and was retaining water but they wrote it down anyway.

The smiley girl there is always nice. She just pets me and talks to me most of the time. While she was talking to me the vet stuck me with a needle. He says he was draining some fluid out of my knee. I think he was just trying to make me stay there again. When he was done sticking me and messing with my leg I went and hid under the Boss' legs. I had to come out though when the vet offered me a liver treat. The vet then was telling the Boss that my leg was fine but I had to stay more calm. He also said I have to keep the weight off. I tried to explain again that it was water weight. He didn't listen. It's probably because I can't talk. He said it was treat weight and that I just had to eat less. What does he know! They sent us home with some more antibiotics since he drained my knee and he also gave the Boss some new treats called Doggy Downers. Can't wait for those!

Meals now are so small that I finish mine before Cassidy even gets her dish. I am not exaggerating. There is almost nothing there. Four breaths and I can inhale the entire thing. Who needs to chew! The Boss doesn't give me any treats at all. Not even the new ones from the vet. I am sure happy to see the Treat Lady when she comes home. She tells me not to run in circles when I see her but it is really hard not to. I know she will give me something good like bread or cheese or garlic toast or bananas or peanut butter or carrots or steak or pizza or even dog biscuits. It's all good!!! I hope she never goes away for a while. I'll waste away.

Cassidy is looking tired now. Must be from all those long walks she gets to take. She disappears with the Treat Lady for almost an hour and comes back smelling like woods and rabbits and deer. She sure is a lucky dog.

Well it's time to eat I think (or not). I'll just take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment