Friday, February 6, 2009

The day of his surgery


Rooney goes in for surgery this morning. He has not had anything to eat for breakfast and just does not understand why his routine has changed. He is hungry and following me everywhere hoping that his food will show up soon.

I snapped a picture of him just before heading out to the Vet. He has no idea what is in store for him today.

I took Rooney into the Vet at around 7:30 this morning. When we arrived he seemed to remember his last visit when they did his blood workup in preparation for today. He was hesitant to go in but didn't give me too much trouble. Just a bit skittish on the scale again. There were a number of dogs getting their knees repaired today. I saw a Newfie, a Great Dane and another very large mixed breed dog being admitted this morning. Rooney is number 5 on the schedule today. It takes about 70 minutes for each surgery so it could be a long wait for him. No toys allowed with him at the vet so his Pooh bear had to come back home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment