Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday - the Second day after my Surgery



Yep, I said my surgery! I finally feel good enough to write for myself. I have overcome the drug induced fog that made me even more dopey for the last day and a half.

Last night I slept in the family room with one of my pack leaders. We also call her the Treat Lady. We had an airbed but ended up on the floor when the bed lost its air. Not sure if I did that. There were two holes in the corner that looked like somebody bit it. Probably Cassidy.

I am able to put my foot down on the ground. I pretend to walk on it and then I hold it up again. I'm not supposed to be able to do that for a couple of days but the Vet doesn't know me that well. They don't let me off the leash at all and I have to use a sling to go in and out of the house. I guess that is so I don't fall down. I like to sniff around the yard and I pull the boss all over the place. He won't let me go very far though.

I think the worst thing so far has been having to go a whole day without food. I didn't eat anything from Thursday night until Saturday morning!!! Can't they see that my ribs are sticking out!! (Here you can see me watching Cassidy get taken for a walk in the woods. Lucky dog! See how skinny I am!)
I have lost all the weight that I can.
They should just let me at the food bin and then I wouldn't have to hoover up my food so quick when they give me my little dish.

The second worst thing is that they don't let me in the kitchen on the slippery floors where they keep all the food. I hear the bread drawer open and I can't get there! I got a piece of banana today and lots of cheese snacks when I do my PT (that's Physical Therapy). Still doesn't make me feel full.

There are some good things though. The other girl in our pack came home today. It was great to see her. I laid down next to her and she rubbed my belly for a loooong time. It was super until stupid Cassidy sat on my head. She is such a Prima Donna.

I also get to watch lot of soccer. Good EPL games on. Too bad Wayne isn't playing ( you know, Wayne Rooney). I hear his leg is bad too.




I'm sure glad I got my Pooh Bear back. I've got to go take another nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment