Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day Four PS - Breakin' Out

Today I had to spend most of the day in my crate. I think the Treat Lady is mad at me. It started this morning when she took me for a walk. At least she didn't use the sling, just a leash. I kept pulling at the leash, wanting to walk faster. She kept saying "No running Rooney!" and she only took me out for about five minutes. Then she took me back home and put me in the house through the front door, but not Cassidy! Cassidy is a lucky dog.

I watched them walk across the street. That wasn’t fair! She only closed the screen door so I pushed against it. It opened! They were out of my sight but I was pretty sure where they were. I ran walked to the field on the other side of the trees, only stopping a couple times to eat smell rabbit and deer turds. Oh, it was so nice to be outside! When I finally caught up to them, the Treat Lady looked very surprised, then she seemed mad. She was saying "blah blah blah Rooney, blah blah Rooney blah blah blah blah!" I thought she was going to give me a treat but instead she took the leash off Cassidy and put it on me and marched me home. Once home, I had to get wiped off because I was pretty muddy and so was Cassidy. Then I had to go back to the blocked off family room, but not Cassidy! She's a lucky dog.

The Treat Lady went upstairs. I didn't want to be by myself so I put my head down and pushed the chairs away from one entrance. Once in the kitchen where they keep all the food, I sniffed around a bit then thought maybe I would find a stray kleenex or a dirty sock upstairs, so I bounded up. When I went in the bathroom, the Treat Lady looked very surprised, then she seemed mad. She went and got the sling and helped me go back down the stairs. She kept saying "No stairs Rooney!" and then she put me in the crate. Well, at least she gave me my Pooh bear and a bacon beggin’ strip (yum). I heard her on the phone, I think she was talking to the vet. Then she said, "Sedatives? Hmm, I don’t know, I put him in his crate for now." I’m not sure what a sedative is, that’s not a word I know. I hope it’s some kind of treat. Anyway, then she had to go to work and I was in my crate until she came home. Well, she didn’t seem too mad at me, because she fed me, took me for another walk, wiped me off again, gave me a few more treats, then let me nap on my bed in the kitchen.

Here is a picture of Prima Donna Cassidy watching me on the floor. She always gets to go on the couch.


They did catch her sneaking out of the family room the other day too. Here is the picture from the security camera.



Well it's time to eat I think or take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment