Saturday, February 28, 2009

3 Weeks PS - the Weekend

I had a bad day yesterday so that's why I haven't written. My leg was bothering me and I had trouble getting up from my naps. Just made me want to stay napping. I don't know why it was bad but it is all better now again.

Now today I feel great! And it was a great day! First we got to go on the BIG bed this morning. The Treat Lady helped Cassidy up and the Boss picked me up. Cassidy always goes to the foot of the bed and lays down nicely. I always go up by the pillows and try to get as close as I can to the Treat Lady or the Boss. They can rub my belly easier when I do that.

Then the Boss took me to the pet store, but not Cassidy. You know one of those big stores where they let the most important pack members walk around with their bosses. Lots of people stopped to say hello to me and tell me how pretty I am. I guess I can deal with that. It was great until we came face-to-face with the biggest dog I have ever seen. He was a Great Dane whose head was at the same height as the Boss' shoulder. He was even bigger than my cousin Bear (a Newfy). I wanted to say hello but the Boss wouldn't let me.

While we were there I got some new chew bones. I got to pick them out by sniffing the packages. I picked out a beef and a chicken flavored bone. Both are for me. Cassidy can chew on the old ones at home.
That's me chewing on my new bone

When I got home, Cassidy was just coming back from a walk in the frozen woods. Somehow she managed to get really dirty even though everything is covered in ice here. The Boss has set up a big tub for us on the floor in the mud room. Now when we come in the house we have to dip our feet to clean them off. I don't really like it but Cassidy really hates it. Poor Cassidy, boo hoo!

Today we also got our pawdi pawdi. That's what Cassidy calls it. That is so she can be just like the Girl who gets a mani pedi. If you have to ask, you're probably a guy. Ask a girl near you what it is.

Here is how my knee looks today

Then we got to play the Find the Cheese game. We haven't played that in forever! I LOVE Find the Cheese! The Treat Lady took pieces of cheese and hid them all around in the family room while Cassidy and I had to wait in the kitchen (I tried to peek like I always do). Then the Treat Lady said "OK, find the cheese!" We went piling into the family room to sniff out the cheese and eat them. Cassidy snorted really loud while she was sniffing around but I didn't. Usually we play a couple of times, but we only got to play once today. Oh well, at least the treats are flowing again.


Now I have to hide the camera so that Cassidy doesn't play with it any more like this. She needs to be supervised better.


Time to go take a nap.

4 comments:

  1. I will take a nao myself. Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rooney - I'm glad you're feeling better. I miss seeing you and your sister from my window. Maybe when you're all healed up we can have a play date. I'll try and be better at playing as long as you don't sit on me too. Tell the Treat Lady "Thanks" for telling me about your blog.
    Your neighbor, Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooney has a show-off smile in the water tank. He's clearly #1!!

    ReplyDelete