Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rehab 101 - At the Vet

Okay, now I'll tell you about my trip yesterday to the vet. I did not want to go. I knew something was up when the Boss told Cassidy to stay in the house and he took me out through the garage. He hasn't done that in forever.

At the vet they of course wanted to weigh me again. This time I'm surprised I even registered on their scale. I haven't eaten anything good since the last time I came here. When the lady said I had lost almost 5 lbs in a week I wasn't shocked. First off, I was holding water last time I came in. Secondly, the Treat Lady has been gone and the Boss barely gave me anything to eat. I probably could have won the "Biggest Loser" title this week.

The best thing at the vet was that they finally took out all the staples in my knee. All 22 of them were clipped off. It left a whole bunch of little holes in my leg. They almost weren't going to let me do my water therapy. They said the holes were too big. The Boss told them it was ok so we did it anyway.

The water therapy was pretty scary. First there was the ride down the elevator. Boy it is hard to hold on when the floor drops out from under you. Then we were in the exercise room. It smelled funny. It had a squishy rubber floor and there was all kinds of things to jump over. We didn't spend much time there but went into the back room where there was an underwater treadmill. Sounds cool doesn't it. Well it's not. It's a bit spooky. I tried not to go into the tank but the Boss went in with me so I had to go. It didn't have any water in it at first and you could walk up the ramp and in through the door. I tried not to let the Boss out by leaning on him really hard but it didn't work.

Here's a picture of me walking in the tank.

After the Boss got out they closed the door and the whole room started to fill with water. It was warm and the thing made a lot of noise. They filled it up to my shoulders and then the floor started to move. I couldn't get out and the Boss kept telling me to "come" so I had to walk. First it was really really slow. It was much easier when they made it go faster. I was in there for about 5 minutes. While I was in we made this music video. Hope you like it.




They said I was going to be tired and sore after doing all the stuff at the vet. They must think I'm a poodle because it was all really easy. Now I have a bunch of new exercises to do at home. One of them is where I have to walk in circles. I think it makes the Boss dizzy.

Time to go take a nap or see if the Treat Lady has anything good to eat.

That's the Girl on the sofa behind me, not Cassidy.

2 comments:

  1. Rooney, you are not and never will be a whimpy poodle! Love your music video! Good thing the Treatlady is back or you would be nothing but skin and bones (and a lot of fur)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooney,
    At least you didn't have to stay at the Griswold's. It is really noisy there and I have to eat my food really, really fast or some other dog steals it.

    ReplyDelete