Sunday, February 15, 2009

The weekend - One week PS


So Rooney is in his crate and the Boss left his laptop out while he's eating dinner in the kitchen. Finally I get to tell you what's going on around here!

Rooney is just a big baby. He always wants to be a part of the pack. He barks when he's in his crate, he whines at the window when I go for long walks in the woods with the Treat Lady and he still thinks that every time somebody eats something he should get a bite. Today I was laying on the floor in the kitchen, minding my own business with my elephant. All of a sudden Rooney gets up from his bed and wobbles over to me and just pulls my elephant out of my mouth and walks away. He takes it over to the Treat Lady and drops it at her feet. Then he comes back over to my bed and lays down leaning against me. He is so bossy. I'll bet he dreams about being the alpha dog in our pack. I'm surprised he didn't have that in his silly dreams he wrote about last week.


I wish he would wrestle more though. I try to wrestle with the Boss but he just pushes me down in the snow. Rooney at least used to chase me first. I have tried jumping over Rooney and teasing him with a pine cone, but he still won't play chase. Maybe tomorrow I'll steal his Pooh from him and run out the door. That should get him to run after me. At least the Treat Lady takes me for really long walks. Today I ditched her in the woods and found all kinds of good things to eat. I found another Lab and two other really fast dogs in the woods too. We were chasing each other all over the place. That was great! Some man who was with the Lab then grabbed my collar and called the phone number on it. I heard him talking to the Boss. I guess they know each other. Just then the Treat Lady came over the hill and I had to walk on the leash after that. It was OK though. I was tired from running and my belly was full of chips.


What I really like to do is recline on the sofa and make faces at Rooney. I stretch all out on my back and make noises so that he has to look up and see me there. He never gets to go on the sofa. I get to go on it with the Treat Lady and the Girl, but not the Boss. The Boss always tells me "off". He has a scary voice so I jump down right away. I make sure that I don't go up there when he is in the room unless the Treat Lady tells me it's OK by patting the sofa next to her.

Yikes! Rooney is out of his crate and coming over here fast. He has the camera too. I better run!

~~~~~~~~

Ha, Cassidy thinks she can write in my blog. I stopped her by sitting on her. If I could I would erase what she put down, but I don't know how. She's not all bad. Her breath is good because it smells like deer poop. I can tell she got some good treats in the woods today. I knew she went there. Both her and the Treat lady smelled like the woods when they came home. Cassidy sure is a lucky dog.

Here's a picture I took of Cassidy watching TV. This is her best side. If I knew how to crop pictures, I'd get my paw out of there. It is very hard to hold these little digital cameras without opposable thumbs.

A really good thing happened today. The Girl came home for a little while. We got to lay on the floor with her and she gave us the cheese off her pizza. She always gives me loooong belly rubs. She's nice. Her teeth looked really clean!

Well it's time to eat I think or take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment