Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Weekend - Snow !!!


The only thing better than playing in deep snow is swimming in a mucky lake. It was fantastic outside today with the deep snow and the sun and so many good smells. We were outside for a very looooong time today. I still have to be on my leash but the Boss is letting me move around a lot more. Cassidy would go running ahead and then come running back and then go running ahead and then come running back. She did this for the whole time we were out today. We got exhausted.

Here she is running back all smiles. Cassidy sure is a lucky dog.


I feel like I could run like her now if only in a straight line. I am almost moving normally again. Every once in a while my knee flops out to the side. It is still not that stable but it feels good. Better than it did before my surgery that's for sure.


Cassidy and I got to follow fox tracks in the snow for a ways. They went right through our backyard and up towards the woods. I still can't go in the woods. Too slippery I guess. The smells were really good today. Cassidy sounded just like a pig snorting around. I got a few good snuffs in too.


When we got back in the house we had to take a serious nap. I don't think we woke up until it was time to eat again. OK, everytime I wake up it's time to eat. I just don't get fed evertime it is time if you know what I mean. The Boss also now lets me walk around in the kitchen where they keep all the food. He doesn't give me treats like the Treat Lady but we did get Busybone today. I saw the Boss cutting it in half just before he yelled a bad word and went running for a bandage. I wonder what that was about.

We had to go in our crates to get our Busybones. We couldn't find them because they're still in the wrong room. I hope he moves our crates back soon.

I also get to stand under the cutting board again. When the Boss is making something I always stand right there and catch stuff for him. Sometimes he says it's his but other times I get to keep it.

While I was standing there the Girl came home. She was all: "PUPPIES!!! HOW ARE YOU???" I almost fell down I was wagging my tail so hard. Cassidy picked up her bone and kept going "rrrrghrrrrggghhrrghghrrhhh". That's how Cassidy barks. She's such a dope.

The Girl gave us treats like bread and bananas and more bread. She even snuck me some meat from her dinner when the Boss was out of the room. She gave some to Cassidy first. Actually the Boss gave me some banana. I wonder why he did that?

Now we're just laying on the floor with the Girl. I hope I get another belly rub.

P.S. I was so busy today I forgot to play with Pooh. Here is a picture of him for the Treat Lady.


It's time to take a nap or see if the Girl will give me another treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment